Saturday, September 19, 2009

You look Mahvalous!

 Yesterday was Day 202 at 365 cards. The challenge was called Once Upon a Time. We were to base our card on a favorite fairy tale. I have to honestly say that I don’t have a favorite. So while at work I Googled fairy tales. There are a lot that I had never heard of before. But I came across one, The Ugly Duckling, that intrigued me. I switched to a search of images and found this one that I fell in love with.

100_1618

I layered the image on a scrap of SU Orchid Opulence and a scrap of white. It is hard to tell from the picture, but I used a gold Atyou Spica pen around the mirror so it would shimmer. The background paper I have had for a while. A local stamp store was going out of business a year of so ago and they had this line of marbleized paper. I bought a sheet in every color they had thinking it was the greatest thing. Well, I haven’t found many times to use them but this card seemed to work ok. The sentiment is in the font of “Cheri”. I added the heart by Rain Dots and the flower gem by Hero Arts.

……And they lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!