Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gingham Ghouls

 It is Saturday and I am playing catch up again. The challenge for yesterday Day 195 at 365 Cards was to create a piece of clothing with gingham as the pattern. You can stamp it, print a digital image, hand-draw it, or whatever you wish to do. So I thought about the few stamps that I had that were clothing and decided to use this set by MFT. It is called Totally Wicked.

gingham ghouls

I began by stamping the image on white cardstock. I stamped the two dresses again on pieces of gingham paper. I pieced the dresses onto  my original image. I colored in the remaining parts with copics. I had to decide whether to keep using the softer tones from the dresses or create a traditional Halloween card. As you can see, tradition won out. I used two different patterned papers cutting them into funky triangles. I placed all this on a piece of black cardstock. I felt They needed something to “tie” them together, a sewing machine would be good about now. But I don’t have a cute little Janome. So instead I used brads and some hemp. The sentiment was stamped and cut out with nesties. The bats are a Martha Stewart punch. The small panels with the brads were an after thought. The image panel even though it was layered, looked bare.

I have two more cards to finish so I won’t be too chatty right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!