Monday, September 28, 2009

Life on the fringe

Today’s challenge at 365 cards required us to use fringe on two sides of our card. I must confess, I had the pear image made for quite a while but just this afternoon finished a card with it.

100_1661

The image was made by stamping first with versamark then layering embossing powders to color it in. A really hot heat gun helps with this technique. The powders are from The Powder Keg and the technique was taught by Janelle (the owner herself). I stamped a saying on a panel of burgundy cardstock and layered that onto a creamy yellow card base. The scalloped ovals were layered with a foam dot and that saying is by My Sentiments Exactly. The fringe is from a Basic Grey Sugared fiber set. I thought the colors went pretty well.

That’s all for now, I need get dinner ready as I have some swap commitments that need to get finished and sent on their way to Canada.

4 comments:

  1. Adore your card, fabulous for the challenge and that pear image is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the card, and the pear is great what fun with embossing powder, and a great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of the layered EP and the fringe is adorable! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pear is gorgeous - and the fringe you chose is such a nice touch on this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!