Sunday, July 12, 2009

Under the sea

My youngest has been bugging me to make a card using a seahorse image for his girlfriend. Well, first I had to purchase a seahorse image which I did at Stamp and Deliver. The main image is by Impression Obsession and the background is June’s stamp of the month by Great Impressions.

100_1328

I began by cutting out the scalloped circle with my Cuttlebug and Spellbinders Large scalloped circle dies. Next I cut out a plain circle die from Dusty Durango (new 2009 SU in color) for the backing. I stamped the main image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink since I would be using my copics. I colored in the image using these markers:

100_1330 I started with E11 then E08 for highlights. The seaweed was YG03 with YG63 for highlights and the water effects were BG01 lightly feathered on with BG10 as filler. I went over the seahorse with Chocolate Atyou Spica pen and the seaweed with the Melon for sparkly highlights that are not showing well in the pictures sorry. The background paper is a new sheet from the Basic Grey Lemonade 6 X 6 pack. I took the GI stamp and inked it with SU Bermuda Bay. I sponged a bit of Dusty Durango near the bottom of the paper.

100_1329 I popped the main image on foam squares and added Pewter Kaiser pearls on the bubbles. I wrapped a bit of twisty ribbon around the BG before gluing it to the front of the card. The card is 5 1/4 square and I used a piece of Bazzill for the base.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!