Saturday, July 25, 2009

Christmas in July Challenge card

This little number took care of seven (yes seven) challenges for the Dare to Get Dirty challenges on Splitcoast. They are in no particular order: craftycaro Anything but Average (this is a card made from a paper bag); lodichick It’s in the bag (use creative packaging…again this is a paperbag); debdeb Moved by the music (this is based on the song the Twelve Days of Christmas); becca stamps Cut it out (use punches or die cuts ); Lauraly Tie One on (to use ribbon or fiber); scrapnextras Learn your ABC’s (to use alphabet stamps or stickers) and genie 1314 Tag Art (use a tag on your card).

100_1354

I started with a white paper bag, folded it in half with the opening on the right side and found this pack of Christmas paper that I never used last year from Memory Box called Gingercake. I cut that to just fit inside the bag’s perimeter. I then made a tag using my Nestabilities and stamped the Penny Black 3 French Hens. I colored him with copics and added fibers from Basic Grey Boxer collection.  To incorporate more punches I used a snowflake, circles, a music note, SU tab and the fern thingy. I dug out my Hero Arts pop up circle alphabet stamps. I stamped them in SU old olive and layered them on Riding Hood Red cardstock. The musical notes are punched from SU old olive cardstock and glued to a tab punch on the pull out card.  Whew…is my brain tired. I completed 16 of the 23 challenges so far and only made 3 cards.

I am off to bed now and will continue tomorrow. In case any of you are wondering…the trip home with the kayaks was uneventful. Remember DO NOT use bungee cords to hold a kayak on top of your vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!