Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dare to get Dirty Challenge card 5 in 1

Over on  Splitcoast Stampers a challenge week is in progress. It is to thank the loyal fan club members. For the past three days, the Dirty girls have been posting challenges. There are 19 posted so far. I have not had the chance to play until this morning. Thankfully they allow you to combine challenges. I have been able to combine five in the card below.

100_1351

The first challenge is for StamperSharon “What’s Black, white and red all over?” who asked us to use black and white with only a hint of red for our colors. Second – eggette asked us to “Flap our Wings” and I choose the butterfly by Holly Berry (shocking choice I know). The third challenge I completed was by krystieLee called “Clearly Creative” which was to use clear items. I have used vellum and clear dew drops. The stamp used on the vellum is by Great Impressions.  Fourth – blondie090277 instructed us to use Paper Tole which is layering and using foam dots. And finally the fifth challenge I incorporated on this card is by gbedwright “DP by Me” we were to make our own background paper using stamps. I used the polka dots backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms.

In a nutshell, I stamped the butterfly on white three different times with versamark and black embossing powder. I cut out the image using three different guidelines. I then used a glue pen and sprinkled ultra fine glitter on the edges. I layered the three cut images with foam squares. I stamped the GI vine on vellum and embossed red hot chili pepper powder on it and cut that out. I stamped the polka dots on paper with black ink and cut that into three sections using the ticket  corner punch on each. The dew drops were secured in the corners using mini glue dots.

I hope you like this challenge card. I am off to eat lunch while I think what I can combine next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!