Sunday, July 26, 2009

A colorful seaside sketch

 I was determined to attempt one more card after dinner and to put as many remaining challenges that worked on it. I spoke with my BSF (best stamping friend) Char and gave her an update on my quest. I told her that one challenge was to create a scene and I wasn’t looking forward to that one. She told me that she had faith in me and we talked about what type of scene to make. This was the set (You are my sunshine) by Ginak that we felt would work best for me. I am pretty pleased in how it turned out. I am glad I kept the nestie circle die on the paper while I sponged the sky and sand. This card fulfilled four more challenges. They are the sketch by One Happy Stamper, colors of More Mustard, Real Red and Bashful blue by Toy, a masculine card with one pp, 2 stamps and 3 colors by sf9erfan and create a scene by kittie747.

DTGD seaside colors

With a lot of things decided for me (layout, colors, theme) it really was not too hard to put this together. At first I was going to put the word “relax” where the starfish  is but it didn’t seem right. It actually was too small (meaning the size of the word) so it got nixed. To create the scene, I sponged Bashful blue for the sky and River Rock for the sand. I really only used two stamps, everything in the circle is one stamp. I used copics to color the chair and umbrella in matching SU colors – B21, R29 and YR24.

This leaves only one challenge left to do for SCS Dare to Get Dirty 09. Will I be able to handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!