Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Sew Wild Blue Sketch

This is my second card of the day. This time I combined four different challenges. I began with the sketch challenge by rainy and added fauux stitching by bevmom, blue embellishments by sgtstamper, and finally a wild animal by pickletree.

100_1352

I began with flipping the sketch on its side as the elements seemed to work better. I looked through the few animal stamps that I have and decided that Changito the monkey seemed more wild than my little hedgehogs :) I colored him in using my copics. In wanting to add the blue embellishments (i have blue brads, buttons and ribbon) I choose the paper by Best Creation for the swirls that resembled the coffee steam. The final element was the faux stitching as I don’t own one of those Janome mini machines. If you look closely, the ribbon I choose looks like it has brown stitching on it also.

And now for a life lesson…when transporting kayaks, be sure you have at least two tie-down straps to secure them on top of your vehicle. I was taking my son just a few miles down the road to launch and we could only find one tie strap. So we used bungee cords as additional holds. They hold but not as well as the orange straps. We almost lost one on US 1. It was seriously slipping off the back corner of my Trailblazer! After re-positioning it we continued on and reached the launch site. Once the boys were on their way, I called my oldest who had the other straps in his car and ordered him to bring one home ASAP. I am now waiting on the call to pick them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!