Sunday, July 26, 2009

Life’s Simple Pleasures

 I am getting a later start today. This morning we went to a bagel company, Upper Crust & Crumb and bought a baker’s dozen. This company also has a small spot at a local farmer’s market on Saturday. But they have so many more flavors in their store and much cheaper. Char…those cookies you love that cost $2 are only $1.39. After eating a late breakfast, we waited for our Game Stop to open as today the Resort Games was released for Wii and I had one on hold.

100_1356

So I finally sat at my craft table and produced the card above. I am still combining challenges so I can complete all of them for SCS Dare to Get Dirty 09. But I threw in a color challenge from the Stamp Shack. Along with the color challenge, I used the sketch by Cindy Haffner, Good enough to eat by TruCarMa, and Taken with Texture by DeborahLynneS.

I began with the colors: black, certainly celery, creme and cranberry crisp. These were the closest choice to the copic colors we were given. The choices went really well with the sketch by Cindy. The pie stamp was for the good enough to eat (like my wild animal choices last night, my food stamps are not plentiful) and I ran the green squares through the Cuttlebug using the swirls folder for texture. Also used on the card were: SU modern label punch, Nesties in large circle and petite scallop circle, copic atyou spica pens in garnet and clear, regular sketch copics in C3 and YR21. The pie stamp is by Great Impressions and the sentiment is by A Muse.

A thunderstorm is starting to roll in so I don’t know if I will be able to post anymore cards this afternoon. But I will keep plugging along. I am excited as I only have to work two days this week and then the rest of the week is at CHA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!