Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Feeling Blue?

I waited until the last minute to make my swap cards for this month at Stamp and Deliver. The theme is monochromatic cards. All day at work I went over different colors in my head and what image I would use. My first thought was purple but when I got home and started pulling out paper, it was blue that won out. The layout fell together pretty easily. After looking at it, I realize that it will work fine for the daily challenge at 365 cards. It was to create a sympathy card without any writing on the front. I think this will work nicely.100_1349

I began with stamping the faux postage on a scrap of SU Cool Caribbean. After laying the template over the image, I inked the flower (from my new clear Allegro set from Penny Black) with SU Night of Navy. I cut out the faux postage with my postage scissors. I put a layer of SU Night of Navy cardstock behind it. Next I ran a piece of CC through my Cuttlebug using my new Victoria folder. You can’t tell by the photo but that piece is what opens up for the inside of the card. The base cardstock is just a single layer of Night of Navy. The flower is popped up on foam. Finally, the part I am most proud of, the bow. I totally suck at tying bows which is why I bought a Bow Easy from Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. She has a great tutorial on her blog as the directions look a bit daunting. I made a cute double looped bow for the edge of the card!

I wonder what will be the predominate color for the swap tomorrow night. Any guesses? I will report back with the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!