Today I went to my LSS Stamp and Deliver to play with my Cuttlebug and my nesties. We practiced cutting and embossing the Spellbinders dies. We also practiced using the Cuttlebug with just a border folder and not creating the dreaded indent line. After an excellent lunch of a meat-lovers pizza with caramel fudge brownies for dessert, we set about making a few cards. There was lots of laughter and a few moments of concentration as we searched the store for the color or paper we needed.
The card above is one we made for ourselves and as a display for the store. It took a little bit of engineering skills as we extended the middle blue nestie layer. The card base and bottom layer is SU close to cocoa, the next layer is a teal, the pp is by Bo Bunny. The flower stamps is by Just For Fun and the sentiment is Penny Black. The ink is Versafine Vintage Sepia for the stamping and Colorbox chalk Celadron. We used the Labels 4 die set.
After dinner tonight, I browsed the Spellbinders Design team blogs for inspiration with my new Labels. This card uses the Labels Nine. The card base is SU black and the next layer is gray. I used my Textile CB embossing folder and ran a piece of white and a piece of Coredinations Black Magic through it for the top layer. I sanded the black piece so the hidden color would show through. My SU scallop border punch was used to edge the two layers. Next I cut out the second largest die from a piece of coredinations paper. I then went down two sizes and cut out the middle flipping the die on its side ninety degrees so it wouldn’t be identical to the outer design. I sanded just the edges of this piece. I wanted to create a shaker with this so I placed a small piece of acrylic over the hole. Rose colored beads were dropped inside and the sentiment by Hero Arts was placed as the bottom piece of the shaker. I carefully placed foam squares all around the edge so the beads would not fall out once the card was held up. Unfortunately, I had a few gaps and some beads did escape. Not to worry, my cat Smokey is actively looking for them in the carpet :) The final touch was to lay a piece of ribbon across the front to cover the seam of the top embossed layers. I think my youngest son wants to claim this card to give it to his special girl.