Sunday, August 9, 2009

August Make and Takes

Yesterday was M&T day at Stamp and Deliver. I was demoing how to double emboss using the Cuttlebug. I first saw this shown at Stampfest and fell in love with the technique. For the card below, I used Coredinations cardstock which really shows off the embossing technique. I ran the red panel through the CB using the swiss dots folder. I then ran the same panel through the CB using Stylized flowers.

100_1454

I took a sanding block and lightly touched the cardstock where I wanted the inner color to show. I layered the red panel onto a metallic silver panel then to black cardstock. Sheer silver and red ribbon were layered to the front. The tag was stamped with black and sponged with Rhubarb stalk Memento ink. I threaded the tag through a black button and added rhinestones as the finishing touch.

As a second card, I used the same two embossing folders, but on  white cardstock. I took metallic paste and rubbed the embossed image to color it in. This panel was layered to copper metallic cardstock and onto a white card base. Two different ribbons were wrapped on the card and a bow was added.

100_1452

Here are two of the other cards that we demoed yesterday. I still have one more card to finish.

100_1457 100_1458

The card on the left used two new stamps by Great Impressions. It may be hard to see in the photo, but I did take a glue pen and added glitter to the dragonfly’s wings. The card on the left used a stamp by Magenta. To begin, I sponged Broken China and Peeled Paint distress inks around the image. Colored pencils were used to color it in. I ran my clear Atyou spica pen on the butterfly and flowers for shimmer. A strip of pp was laid down and the image glued on top. I added a couple vellum butterfly stickers by The Paper Studio.

Being that it is still summer, the snow birds have not returned so it was not a large crowd and no one felt rushed to make their cards. They had time to chat and catch up with friends they may only see once a month. Stamping is a very social event :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!