Sunday, August 2, 2009

My first foray into Distressing

I watched a demonstration the other day by Wendy V. of Ranger Industries. She is a pro with distress inks and using grunge paper. I have always been in awe of this look but have never been able to achieve it. Tonight, I sat down with some blank tags and gave it another try. Here is what I started with….


I began with the blending foam and Vintage Photo distress ink. I covered the whole tag with it and then added Peeled Paint for highlights.

100_1442I inked up my script background stamp with Versafine Sepia and covered the tag but didn’t push down hard on the tag. Next, I inked the flower stamp by Hero Arts with the Peeled Paint and put it on grunge paper. After cutting it out, I spritzed it with a gold mist. (This doesn’t show well in the final photo). I folded the edges of the flower so it would curl up. I added a prima flower and button to the middle. I inked the dream stamp with Stazon putting it strategically where the script doesn’t show. The final touch was some fibers by Basic Grey Archaic collection.

Here it is:

100_1439 The colors aren’t showing the best tonight, but I am psyched with the results.You can click on the picture for a closer look.

1 comment:

  1. well there you go. to the person who likes the look but couldn't do it. of course you can do it and do it well. looks great!!!


Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!