Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It’s a Cupcake kind of Day

 This morning when I looked at 365 Cards the challenge was to use a color scheme of purple, yellow, red, blue and goldish orange. I thought on this scheme all day long at work. Also going through my head was the challenge from BasicGrey week 1 which was a sketch. Once I decided to make cupcakes in the various colors needed, I knew I could combine the sketch also. If you click on the picture, the image will get larger.

100_1470

Now that I knew I would use colored cupcakes, it was only natural to pull out my BG Cupcake paper pack. The solid bottoms of the cupcakes are all punched from the solid sheets in the paper pack. The punch is by Martha Stewart. I popped them up on foam squares and placed them at quirky angles. The sentiment is by IO and the large cupcake stamp is by Hero Arts. The large glittery purple dot is a Jesse James button from the Snack Pack. I was so hoping a cupcake would have been in there, but sadly it wasn’t. I did use Frosted Lace Stickles on the frosting for added dimension. Here is a close up:

100_1472The fiber wrapped around the card (a requirement for the sketch) is from the BG Cupcake line also. So, are they good enough to eat? That is all for tonight as it was a late one with a meeting after work.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. cute, cute, cute!!! Lovin' your sweet cupcake card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combo! Gosh, your card is delish-looking... I'm hungry. :) (I especially love the yummy Stickles icing)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is making my mouth water :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!