Monday, August 10, 2009

Christmas in August

 I got ready for work extremely early this morning, so I hopped on to see what the challenge was at 365 cards. It was a technique challenge to use masking. My first thought was to make one of my favorite Christmas cards. It uses masking and reverse masking for the oval and tree.

100_1462

I have kept my templates so it took just a second to put my materials together. The stamps are by SU Lovely as a Tree set. The ink is SU Not Quite Navy, Baby Blue,  Mellow Moss, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip. To begin, lay the oval cut out on the front of your card and stipple inside it with Baby Blue. Stamp the line of trees inside the oval. Lay the reverse mask down and stamp the single tree. Stamp the sentiment. Lay the tree mask and the sentiment mask down along with the inside oval mask and stipple Not quite Navy around the outer rim to get the dark oval. This step takes more pressure to get the dark color so don’t be afraid to press hard. I took a glue pen to dot the trees and sprinkle Crystal Blue Violet glitter. If the Polar White Flowersoft had come in to my LSS I would have added some of that, but alas, the shipment isn’t here yet. I glued the natural white card to a base of Not quite Navy. When I make these for Christmas, I start an assembly line process so I can make a dozen or so at one sitting. Have a great Monday!

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card...love all the touches of glitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card for the challenge! Beautiful scene and gorgeous colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! lovely scence , great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so simple and yet so elegant. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! Love the elegant look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous, I can see why you have kept everything together to make this card.......it is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Pretty!!!
    (i'm waiting for some shipments of flowersoft to get to my LSS, i understand the impatience!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!