Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tea-rific Z fold Card

 For the second card for the La Costa Ladies I chose this fun z-fold card. Here is a picture of the front while the card is folded flat. It is the same size as a regular A2 card so it fits into a normal envelope.

100_1103

I picked up some new stamps yesterday at Stamp N Deliver by Great Impressions. It is hard to see in the photo, but on the back panel under the ribbon is a vine type background stamp. I stamped it in Hibiscus palette ink by PTI, the same shade as the cardstock and ribbon. Tone on tone stamping can be very effective. The front image of the three teacups is just adorable and makes a great any occasion card. The curved sentiment on top is by My Favorite Things. I thought it was a cute way to begin. I did a bit of hand-doodling along the edge of the white panel. I must say that makes me extremely nervous, what if my doodles get bigger as I go, if the spacing isn’t even. I must say, I was glad when it was finished. The yellow panel is also by PTI (Papertrey Ink) and the color is Lemon Tart. I punched it with the SU scalloped border punch.

100_1111 Here is a shot of what the card looks like opened up. The sentiment is by Great Impressions and I used a Labels 3 die from Spellbinders. I left the inside middle panel blank so the person sending the card can write their own message.  Finally here is a shot of the card from above -

100_1113 You can really see the Z-fold of the card. I hope the ladies enjoy these cards. Now to cut out the kits and package them up. Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I love this card!! not only is it cute as can be, it's such a cool fold!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!