Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fly Away Home!

I was struggling with the theme for our card swap this month at Stamp & Deliver. All we had to do is to utilize a punch on our card. That isn’t hard at all really but I wanted to show a few different ways to use my punches. I started playing with a few looks, tossed most of them out, and put this together an hour ago.

100_1866

Before I started with the final layout, I checked a few challenge blogs that I love and incorporated two of them. First was an easy one, Flutterby Wednesday was an open challenge, just make sure there is a fairy or butterfly on your card. The second challenge I will enter this for is A spoonful of sugar. This week’s challenge asked us to use distress ink, pearls and glitter on the card.

I began with my Tilda image. I stamped her in Memento ink and colored her with these:

100_1875 After I was done coloring, I cut her out and layered her on an oval that was distressed with Antique Linen ink. The patterned paper is from the DCWV Garden Party pack. On the darker blue panel, I used my Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch. I stamped a flourish from Basic Grey in Vintage Sepia ink on the lighter blue panel. The butterflies are also a Martha punch. But you may be asking…who makes the ladybug punch? Cheri does! I used a one inch circle punch and punched a red one and a black one. I snipped the red circle in half and used my crop-a-dile to make the smaller holes. I layered the red halves to look like wings. A smaller circle was punched for her head and sadly the face is hand-drawn. For finishing touches, I used some Stickles glitter glue in Mermaid on her dress and boots, pearls were added on the butterflies and as a trail on the ladybug.

Now that American Idol is finished, I can quickly put together the other three cards for the swap! Enjoy your night:)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring, and such pretty colors! Thanks so much for joining us this week for Flutter By Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a neat card! Really a great job! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!