Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cute Little Tilda

Isn’t she cute? Ok so you can’t see all of her just yet.

100_1826

Yesterday’s challenge at 365 Cards was a color challenge. You had to use red, white, pinks and purple. Since I am still in Valentine making mode, I made another one for the challenge. I used the sketch from this week’s Mojo Monday

tilda with tag mojo 124I began with a layer of purple cardstock and a piece of pink dotted paper. I was able to use some new goodies: the Tilda image and the white prima roses. I used my curvy rectangle nestie to stamp the image on. I colored her in using the following markers:

100_1830  I finally got to use my fancy tag nestie set that I have had since before Christmas but sadly never opened until today. I tucked it behind the image so just a portion showed. As finishing touches, I wrapped a piece of ribbon around the card and put the prima flowers on top. There is a hint of Fruit Punch Stickles on Tilda’s bow in her hair. Don’t go scouring the Internet looking for the stamp that says Sweetie, you won’t find it. That is my handwriting which I usually don’t like, but practice will get you everywhere!

The next item I want to share with you is one of the projects I mentioned over the weekend. I finished the co-worker’s birthday gift. Let me say, it was very difficult to get the correct lighting to use on it.

teapot for jan

In real life, the checkerboard border is a lovely shade of soft greens. It is a Daydreams kit by Debbie Mumm. The finished size is 8 by 8. I plan to make her a few note cards with my new Justrite garden stamps to go along with it. People who drink coffee should still appreciate a stitched teapot right? Gosh I hope so:)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute card. I so love the Magnolia stamps and as a newbie, particularly love it when bloggers share the colors they use. I have a Copic notebook where I write all this stuff down. lol - Hoping that someday my stuff will look this good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these cards are just adorable -- love the colors
    Char

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!