Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Punchy Bats

 It has been so long since I have been able to work on any card. It started last week. Remember my attempt to play tennis after work? Well, I am actually getting better at that and I no longer feel like crap from heat exhaustion. But the same day, our air conditioner broke. Even though it is October, we are still getting temps close to 90 here in Florida. It took 6 days to get a new a/c installed. We now have a huge Bryant beast in our backyard. But it cooled the house down from 85 to 75 in two hours! So needless to say, with an extremely warm house and not getting too much sleep at night from above mentioned heat, I have not done much of anything.

100_1689

I checked the Daily Dare blog and saw that A spoonful of Sugar had a new challenge up today. It was to create a Halloween card. Even though I don’t need another one of these, I made the above card. I saw a similar card in a stamping magazine a few weeks ago at Barnes & Noble and sketched some notes. I began by punching the EK Success corner punch on a strip of black cardstock three times, rotating the punch each time. The paper left in the middle ends up looking like a bat! I glued this to a black cardstock base trimming the right edge so the bat strip would fit. I used some scraps of paper by Cosmo Cricket for the left edge and inside card. I cut a circle with my Nestie out of cream cardstock. I sponged some SU More Mustard to make it look like a harvest moon. The witch silhouette was stamped in black along with the bats and sentiment. The stamps are from GinaK. Finally, I spritzed the circle with Jack O'’Lantern Glimmer Mist and the card with Haunted Shadow Glimmer Mist. I tried getting it to shimmer in the picture, but just couldn’t capture it.

Oh well, such is life. I am off to have a piece of pumpkin pie that my son brought home.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!