Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Friendship Grows…

I was determined to make a card again today. This adorable image came last week in the midst of my heat wave. Why have I suddenly taken a liking to stamps that don’t have a face? Well, technically Magnolias have a face, just not a complete one. This cutie is a relatively new one by Sarah Kay for Stampavie. I ordered a new Christmas image at Stampers Dream and the website told me that people who bought that particular one also bought this gardener. So in my shopping cart she went.

100_1693

The challenge today at 365 Cards was to use denim. I pulled out my old patterned paper and found this piece. I began by stamping the image on a piece of GinaK paper that was cut with my Small Label nestie. I then stamped the image again on the pp and carefully cut out the overalls and glued it onto the image. The rest of the image was colored with my Copics. I sponged the edges with Tea Dye distress ink. The background papers are from Basic Grey Indian Summer pack. The sentiment is by Stampabilities that is supposed to go with a House Mouse image, but I inked it up into two lines so it would fit my card. The flowers are from Petaloo and are called Wild Roses. I would love to have some of these IRL. A bit of silk ribbon is across the top and it is hard to see in the photo but there is a snippit of pale pink ribbon in the knot.

Tomorrow is our 1st annual Chili Cook Off at work so it will be a long day. I will catch up with you on Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute image. I can see why it ended up in your cart!! Very cute card! And i would love to hear about your cook off. I am in charge of the annual party at our church and am just plain stumped as to how we can make it fun. I need pointers!! I'm sure your chili is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!