Saturday, March 28, 2009

Monkey'in Around today

At last, Saturday! I had hoped to sleep in a bit today but my body still woke up early. By 8:00 am I grabbed my book and read for an hour. After doing a few chores around the house, I went to a class at the LSS in the afternoon. The insructor was Pat - Sentiments Pat for you shack ladies, and I love to take her classes. She packs so many projects and techniques into her classes that the time just flies by. The theme today was using the new Changito stamps by Stampendous. I love this monkey so I had signed up for this right away.


Here are the first two cards. For the birthday card, the image was stamped in versafine and embossed so we could watercolor with markers. Glitter was added to the frosting and a bit of diamond glaze on the stawberry atop the cake. I have a secret to share to get your hand doodling evenly spaced. Pat gave us round plastic canvas coasters and used that as a guide around the circle. Pretty neat huh? For the ballerina card, we stamped the image first in versamark and embossed with white ink. The image was stamped again on a piece of white CS, embossed and colored with chalk for a softer look. The white scalloped felt strips are also by Stampendous. We took two strips of tulle, tied a knot in the middle and then spread it out for a tu-tu effect.






These next two cards were also fun to color. For the soccer card, we used the new EK Success slim punch that has a bubble look. We punched around the edges of the card then put a piece of light brown behind it. The image was stamped and embossed then colored in with watercolor paints by Hero Arts. The second card used watercolor pencils for coloring. Did I mention that Pat must have every medium there is to color with?! I used a multi-liner pen that was a size .05 to hand doodle. I didn't know they made them that tiny. It added just the right touch. Now that I am looking at the card, I see I forgot the stickles in the coffee steam. Oh well, I will add them when I am done here.







This last card was my favorite......



and here is why.....


It is a POP-UP!!! How cool is this? The images were all stamped, embossed and colored with Pearlescent watercolor paints. They shimmer like H2O's but are soo much cheaper. Isn't it adorable? Pat gaves us an extra template for the pop-up so we could make more at home. Didn't I tell you Pat puts a lot into her classes? If you see one you especially like, please leave a quick comment.

I have a Stampin Up workshop tomorrow so I need to check the kits to make sure all pieces and parts are accounted for. I will share those cards with you later this weekend and let you know how it turned out. The ladies attending are all good friends of mine so I expect to have fun.

Ciao







1 comment:

  1. oh my heck they are all adorable!! I love that little monkey.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!