Friday, March 6, 2009

A Basket of Violets

Good Evening. I bet you thought there wouldn't be a new post today. I am going to do my best to post something daily...until my stress level increases. I have had this small stamp by Karen Lockhart sitting on my table for a couple of weeks now and was determined to use it. I colored the images with copics and added a hint of stickles to the inside of the flowers. I was also determined to use my new Ornare piercing template. Let me backtrack a second. I was looking at blogs one evening a few weeks ago and saw a lovely card that had used the piercing template. Sorry I don't remember who I can give the enabling credit to. She mentioned that she had got hers from Ellen Hutson's store. Like a good little girl, I promptly went to the website and ordered two ( my buddy Char got the other one). Well, Ellen's store is so friendly that it kept telling me that shoppers were also purchasing the violet stamp. So naturally, I had to add it to my cart also. Now back to the card above. The punched strip is the Martha Stewart eyelet border punch. The flowers were originally white. None of the purple flowers I have went with the CS I had used, so I just used my copics to color them so they matched my image. Robin's Nest dew drops complete them. My original thought was to have the flowers on the bottom purple strip, but after painstakingly piercing it, I couldn't cover it up! I think they look just fine in the corner. Thanks for stopping by :)

3 comments:

  1. Cheri,

    I just lOVE this card - well love all three but this one is just perfect !! I know the ladied will love them all -- can't wait to try my piercing template. The little violet stamp is adorable and the colors are true to the flower.
    Great Job!! and love your blog too
    your stamping buddy, Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheri,
    How come all your cards can't be purple? This card is gorgeous!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome blossome. I love purple/green together, and your piercing rocks
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!