Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Layers of Chocolate

Hello! Betcha didn’t think you would read another post for awhile:)  After working on transcribing some minutes for work, I thought I would reward myself and take the time to make a card. I must say my attention was divided between the card and watching American Idol and White Collar on tv.  

100_1802

Tonight’s card from two challenges I saw today. The first is over at 365 Cards which was to use chocolate as your inspiration. The second is at A spoonful of sugar and you had to use lots of layers. I began with Chocolate Flopsey from MFT for my image. I then pulled out my pack of Chocolate Kiss paper (also from MFT). I totally struggled piecing the chair. That pattern was way too dark for me to stamp on, so I attempted to cut it out on my own. I colored him with my copics and colorless blender. I used my labels One and Three nesties (look closely in the corners of the middle pink layer…it really isn’t just a circle). For the bottom brown strip I tried my Fleur de lis die…still not sure I like that but it is glued on so it’s staying.

I like the card, but I think it is missing something and I can’t figure out what. I tried ribbon from the MFT Chocolate Kiss set and that didn’t work. My buttons didn’t fare any better. If anyone has a thought, please share in the comments. I don’t want the card to be partially naked :)

5 comments:

  1. what a cute image. I think the card is fine as it is... sometimes less is more! It is a lovely card! Thanx for playing at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute card!! I love the colors & layout too
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute - love that bunny and the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUue card. Love the bunny and sentiment.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this card just the way it is - every last 'chocolatey' layer ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!