Sunday, January 24, 2010

Buttons, Brads and Monograms..Oh My!

 Today’s cards are not for any challenge but instead for the local monthly swap and the make and take at Stamp and Deliver. I knew I wanted to use the easel layout for my card design and what better way to show off my new Justrite garden stamps! The new arrivals had just come into the store last week when I stopped in to get my materials for my demo card. The theme of the swap is to use buttons and/or brads. 

100_1803

I began with a lovely shade of purple bazzill paper for the base. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey Two Scoops (pistachio almond). I stamped the flower on a scrap of white, colored it with my copics and cut it out. Here is a close up of the center. 100_1805

If you click on the picture, it will enlarge to see the detail. I did use some spica pens on the flowers, but sadly that didn’t show up in the picture angle. I sponged Lavender Brilliance ink on the smaller background circle. It didn’t look that attractive when it was white. A deeper shade of Bazzill Bling or shimmer was used for the scalloped circle. I tried to pick up the darkest shade used on the flower. After taking a look at the purple brads I have it seemed that I would not have enough to complete the four cards I need for the swap with the square brads. What to do? Stick a butterfly on one corner! You know I love butterflies :) For the inside of the card, I chose the lighter shade of green from the paper and luckily I had 4 pieces in my green scrap ziplock baggie. YES, something was going right. The two buttons were added in the middle to help hold the easel upright when it is opened. 

100_1807 This is going to be the card that I will demo at the Make and Takes. The theme is black and white next month. I think that makes an elegant monogram card. I am actually using creme and black which is totally elegant. The stamped bottom border is by Great Impressions. The center is from Justrite designer frames. The alphabet inside is Special Occasions font. I cut out a Labels 5 out of black for the bottom layer. This is popped up on foam squares. The ribbon is a double satin for the length and sheer black for the bow. I used my Bow Easy so it would look fabulous. I suck at tying bows without that thing now.

100_1808Here is my alternate card that I will display. The monogram was made with the Monogram stamper. I used a Cuttlebug border from the Organic Flourish set for the top. I added black rhinestones to highlight the swirls. For the bottom piece, I cut a piece of black cardstock with my SU eyelet border punch. Really a simple quick card to put together.

I hope you have a fabulous week coming up! Stop by again and hopefully I will have another card to show you.

4 comments:

  1. These cards are jsut perfect!! Love the colors on the easel card- have to try one. And love the cards for the M&T-- I will get there early so I can make one - Great job !!
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! Love the purple and green together, and black and white is always so classy. Throw in some emobssing, and you have three lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the swap card. I hope I get one. I know the folks will love the MITI card too. stamp temptress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful purple and green card. I like the monagram cards too. I may have to try a few of those! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!