Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

 Happy New Year friends! We rang in the new year quietly at home last night after having dinner with our middle son. Our poor little dog Zoey unfortunately didn’t appreciate the fireworks going off. She went crazy in the house shredding anything she could find :(

Since I am home today for the holiday I was able to check out the first challenge for 2010 on 365 cards.

100_1785

The challenge was a 5 for Friday. What ever element you used on your card had to be in groups of 5. I opted for the clean and simple approach. (If you click on the picture, it will enlarge for you). I used my set from PaperTrey Ink called Remember. After stamping the blossoms in Versamagic Purple Hydrangea and the stems and leaves in Memento Cottage Ivy. I attached a small green pearl to the stem. The sentiment is from the same set and was just stamped in black ink. I tried piercing 5 holes around the sentiment, under the sentiment but was not happy on my sample so that element didn’t make the final card.

I am going to eat a bit of lunch and then start on a project I have been wanting to tackle since getting my new Expedit cube system. Taking more of my wooden stamps of their blocks. Wooden blocks add a lot of weight, and some of my fabric cubes are HEAVY. I have my cd cases ready, paper is cut into squares to make an index in each case, I just need my ambition to kick in. Here’s hoping the tuna sandwich provides it.

Enjoy the rest of your day:)

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness Cheri, i didn't know you had a blog. You are one of my absolute favourite cardmakers. I pressed the FOLLOW button as soon as I saw your link on the Stamp Shack. Love your stuff!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!