Thursday, June 18, 2009

A new look and the promised class cards

So let’s begin with the new look. I have to say that I was never really happy with the blog background I had before.  I loved that it incorporated  blue butterflies, but it covered my posts and made you scroll up alot!. So while searching for other backgrounds today, I found . She had this wonderful one that is soooo much cleaner looking AND still has my beloved blue butterfly in the corner. I showed this to Chuck tonight and he was like, finally! I didn’t want to tell you that I never cared for the other as it was very busy. Men, why do I even ask his opinion?!



Now on to the class cards.  All the cards were made using one sheet of Penny Black floral stickers. We began by taking all the images off the sheet and putting them on a piece of white cardstock. The image was then cut out. This gave a better backing to the sticker and it was easier to position the image on our cards. The first two above are square cards. The one on the left involved using decorative scissors to cut the image out and simple layering of cardstock. A bow and spiral clip completed the note card. For the one on the right, the image was actually a seven inch sticker that was cut in half and layered on. The sentiment was randomly stamped in Rocket Red and Timber brown inks. There is another birthday sentiment inside, but sorry no photo. As I am looking at the card, I see that my ribbon loop on the right side has been pulled under the layer when I tied the bow :( It is now corrected so when I send the card, the receiver will have a nice balanced card.


One of these cards has a mistake on it but I bet you will never see it. One of the rules of cardmaking is there are no mistakes, just creative maneuvers. The card on the left also used decorative scissors to cut out the image. I used a gold krylon pen to edge it. The card is folded off-center so the strips of cardstock inside can be seen through the punched border.  To pinch the ribbon, the prongs of the brad are wrapped around it then poked through the hole. The card on the right used pinking shears to cut the image and sentiment out. It was layered on mulberry paper and paper run through a crimper. Brads and ribbon were added as finishing touches. So do you see my creative maneuver? It is on the left card. The image was supposed to have a scalloped edge. I cut it out backwards and made them inverted. Oh well, Spellbinders is coming out with dies like that now, so it must be the in thing :)


100_1193Final two cards from class. Both used fun techniques for two different looks. For the one on the left, we made an alcohol ink background. A strip was cut and run through the Cuttlebug using the swiss dot embossing folder. We used a corner rounder and decorative scissors for the sentiment. The card on the right was made using Stamp N Bond and glitter for the frosted effect. This was layered with textured cardstock and finished off with sheer dotted ribbon and a fancy holder. 

Wow, I actually got two posts in one day accomplished. I am off to finish the MFT atc’s from earlier. Please let me know what you think of the new background. If you don’t have a google ID, click on the anonymous button under comments and you can post your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. It is much easier to see. love it. stamp temptress


Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!