Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My first Tilda card

 I have finally jumped on the Magnolia stamps craze. The other day I saw a post that the Chasing Butterflies collection was in stock at Scor-Pal. Well, I had to investigate if it involved butterflies. I promptly ordered a few stamps and they arrived yesterday. I created this card for the monthly card swap at my LSS Stamp and Deliver. The theme is Graduation or Summer. I went with the Summer side. tilda with flowers

I began by stamping the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Papertrey cardstock. I followed Suzanne Dean’s  tutorial on the Scor-Pal website to learn how to color her face and hair with Copics. After she was colored in, I cut out the image and put foam tape behind her to pop her up. I chose the background paper by Foof-a-la which I came across this weekend while organizing my stuff. After picking out the paper, I then chose coordinating cardstock colors to layer it with. I used the two largest Labels 4 dies by Spellbinders to layer the image on top of. I sprinkled Flower Soft Summer instead of coloring in the flowers on the image. To finish the card, I added mini pearls to the ticket punched corners of the card and threaded some hemp through the button to secure a smidgen of red taffeta ribbon. Now to find the right sentiment for the inside…..

On a lighter note we are dog-sitting a Puggle named Pugsly for the week while our son Alex and his friends are in Vermont. This is what I came home to yesterday.

couch stuffing

It seems that Pugsly didn’t like our couch. I freaked and promptly took the picture and emailed it up to the boys. We waited and waited for a response. It seems they get no cell phone reception at the cabin they are staying in. Finally, they went to Wal-Mart and Alex saw that I had emailed, called and sent a text. Luckily when Chuck got home he saw that it wasn’t as bad as it looked. There was only a small tear behind the left cushion and he put the stuffing back into the cushion. We have been wanting to change the look of the living room from “country cottage” to a more Floridian look so we will start with the couch. I never liked the couch anyway. We are counting the days until the boys come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!