Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Hedgie sketch challenge

 Let me start by saying that my first attempt at a Magnolia card was well received at the swap tonight. Although some ladies asked why I had forgotten to add her mouth…. I tried to explain that she didn’t have a mouth. The discussion thereafter involved MFT Who’s that girl stamps without a head and Amish dolls. We will leave it there.

happy hedgie

Tonight’s card is for the sketch challenge on Splitcoast. I have good intentions of doing these weekly challenges and finally completed one. The details can be found here. I picked up this stamp set by Penny Black called Wonderful tonight at the store. The main image is stamped on a Label 3 die and colored with copics. I sponged a bit of Colorbox chalk in Ice blue around the die because it looked naked just white, but yet overdone if I layered lit ike the other two rectangles. I stamped just parts of flower images from the same set on the smaller rectangles and colored those with copics also. I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch for the butterflies and bent their wings for dimension.  Kaiser pearls were added to their bodies and along the corners of the card. I love the background paper and hated to cut into it. It is by Karen Foster and called Flowers for Mother. I layered coordinating Bazzill cardstock behind it.

All was quiet when I came home today with the dogs. Actually I think the heat is getting to Pugsly. Here is what he has been doing most of the evening..pugsly

How can I stay mad at that face? We heard from the boys tonight. “They went kayaking and fishing in an awesome lake.” My son is sooo talkative :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!