Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It has been awhile.....

I apologize for not posting in awhile. My sister and my two nephews are in town for a few weeks and I have been preoccupied with them. They are in town because my mom had knee surgery and they are taking care of her.


My first card to show you was made for the swap at my LSS last month. The theme was masculine/Father's Day cards. I used my set from GinaK called Guiding Light. I began with kraft cardstock and stamped the rope image around the four sides with Sahara Sand ink. Then I stamped the main image on white and used my curvy rectangle nestie to cut it out. This was layered on Pacific Point and black cardstock. I colored my images with copics and put just a touch of Shimmerz paint on the seagulls. I cut out the tag with a ribbon diecut from Spellbinders, sponged the edges and used hemp to tie two knots.



The second card is one I will be demoing on Saturday at our monthly make and takes at Stamp and Deliver. I apologize for the blurry picture in advance. The layout is the same one I used during the recent VSN for a five layer card. The paper and colors were changed a bit and brads were used instead of dew drops. Here is a quick tip, if you want to use brads but don't have the color you need, take a sharpie marker in the color you want and color over them. This will permanently change the brad. I couldn't find a sharpie in the color green so i used embossing powder. I heated up plain white brads with my heat gun then dipped them in the powder and re-heat brad for a few seconds. You can make any color you want providing you have the embossing powder :)

The last card I am showing you is the alternate card to show another use for the stamp set at the Make and Take. I used all MFT products on this from the current Chocolate Kiss collection - ribbons, paper and bling.

The stamped image and bottles were colored with copic markers. I used Shimmerz paint for the background of the stamped area and did apply Diamond glaze on the nail polish bottles so the looked more realistic. The robe has Fun Flock on it to give it a terry cloth effect. I didn't come up with this idea, I saw it from one of Kim's DT gals. That is it for now, please leave a comment if you liked any of my cards :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!