Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A haunted hotel stay...



A few of you know that I am at a conference right now in St. Petersburg, FL. To take a tour of this wonderful resort, click here/ . I have a very nice room with a king bed. Very similar to this photo. Just without the balcony :( My bed does look just like this picture with the picture on the headboard (different), I made sure it was bolted down, and also the gauzy cloth hanging behind the bed. I think I might get Chuck to do this in our bedroom, what do you think?

Well, we have been having the seminars in the Grand Ballroom. What the website doesn't mention is that this resort is haunted. See this picture on the right, well there is a door in the front corner that just slowly opened all by itself this morning, stayed open for two full minutes, and then slowly closed with a click. We all went speechless. It wasn't a hotel employee who wanted to slip in quickly because there are windows along the wall and we would have seen them walk by. The resort was built back in 1925 so I am sure a few spirits linger here. I read the magazine about the history of the resort and found this little item: "The Resort's signature drink, Aymer's Promenade Punch, is a complimentary, nonalcoholic delight available in the Lobby. It contains cranberry, orange and pineapple juices; peach nectar, vodka and sparkling water." OK, I admit, I am not a drinker of alcoholic beverages on a regular basis, but isn't vodka alcoholic? With that I will leave you to wait and see if I can create anything before I leave for Chicago next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!