Thursday, May 7, 2009

A flower soft birthday

Next week is my Mom’s birthday and I wanted to make her a special card. I keep buying new stuff and sat down tonight to finally try some of it out.

flower soft birthday

I began by cutting a piece of white cardstock with the Labels 4 nesties. While keeping the die in place I sponged Pink Pirouette ink inside. I attempted to use Sweet Blush by PTI to match the cardstock, but sadly the ink pad had bit the dust and was just an oily pad with no color. I looked through my flower stamps to find one that would work well with the flower soft and came across one by Another Stamp Company. I colored the stems with a copic marker and used Sweet Pea flower soft on the blooms. I set that aside to dry. The Basic Grey Wisteria pad arrived a few days ago and I knew I wanted to use some of that paper. Using a color wheel, I looked at what would be complimentary to the Sweet Blush I had already chosen. Some of you might say, since you used Pink Pirouette ink why not use that paper? Because I didn’t have matching ribbon and I had this twill that did match from PTI. So I discovered that a soft green would go well and pulled the green and white dotted piece from the paper pack. In keeping with the dots, I used my CB swiss dot border from the Just My Type set and embossed the middle of the green panel. I used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch, the SU ticket corner and the SU window word punch. I added different size pearls to the label diecut, butterflies and green panel to keep with the stick pin I created for the knot. I bought the beads and hardware at Michaels. After assembling the card front, I bent the wings on the butterflies to help add dimension. I am so glad I don’t have to mail this!

So one more item ticked off my list, now to work on masculine cards….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!