I spent the day playing with snowmen (and women). With it being so hot here in Florida, it was nice to use stamps that gave me the feel that it was actually colder outside. This month at the Make It, Take It Claire is spotlighting some of the new sets from JustRite. (click on any picture to see a larger image)
The card above is the one I will be teaching. I began by using my Labels 12 die and cut a shape through the patterned paper and cardstock. I stamped the image with Memento ink and colored with Prisma pencils and gamesol. The pp is from Bo Bunny and it really glitters. A few strips of cardstock and some cream ribbon from May Arts are across the top. I used metallic pens on the hat and snowflake for some bling. The small snowflakes are from Hero Arts.
Claire likes us to prepare an alternate card to show the versatility of the stamp or set in this case. The following are the other stamps in the Groovy Snowman set:
The top left was made with a scalloped card by Paper Cuts. I colored the image with Copics. The outer ring is popped up on foam squares and the bow is made with some red cord. The card on the right used some Basic Gray Eskimo Kisses paper. The image is also colored with Copics. I layered a few scalloped circles under the image and each one is popped on foam squares. I found a bit of old SEI ribbon and was determined to use it on this card so I made a few loops and added a snowflake in the middle to hold it together.
For the fourth image, I made this tag inspired by Tim Holtz. I stamped the images with Vintage Sepia ink. Other than the snowman, the images are from Inkadinkadoo. Using a blending tool, I sponged Fired Brick, Antique Linen, Bundled Sage, Tea Dye and Walnut Stain. I distressed the edges with my TH tool and rubbed the Walnut Stain along the edge. I added a tree brad, stickles in Holly and Christmas Red and fiber (the fiber looked so much better than the white string that came on the tag).
My goal was to show how versatile the stamps are with the four different looks I created. Hopefully it was achieved :)