Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 79 color theme for Dad

 

nautical dad

I struggled with the title of today’s post. My first thought was Nauti Bird. Then a Pelican for Pops. You can see I just went with the challenge theme.  Today’s card is based on the color theme for Day 79 at 365 Cards. When I looked at the colors this morning on my break, I immediately thought nautical. Most others doing the challenge went patriotic. I guess is was the different shades of blue that my brain focused on. I choose the set Guiding Light by Gina K Designs. I am very proud to say that all the cardstock (except the base) was pulled from my scrap bags. I stamped the image in black and colored it with copics. I used my Labels 4 to cut out the center panels. I sponged Memento Summer Sky and Versa Magic Wheat for the background. The netting is also from Gina K. The birds flying near the sentiment were stamped in Memento London Fog. I added a bit of Flower Soft in Sand for texture at the base of the image.

I am doing quite well keeping up with the challenges this week at 365 Cards. I just might make the weekly all-stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!