Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Y’all Come…

 Once again I was asked to make the invitations for my husband’s work. They are having a volunteer luncheon in a couple of weeks with a Southern Picnic theme. I made invites that resembled a picnic basket.

100_1957

I began with cutting out the card base from Creamy Caramel and Soft Suede cardstock. I stamped a basket weave stamp from Flourishes in Artprint brown ink. The cardstock was then run through the Cuttlebug with the distressed stripes folder to make it have the texture of a basket. Being that my husband works for the library, I decided to use my Labels 7 Nestabilities to cut out the invitation so it would resemble an open book. I used a base of Real Red and the actual invite was computer generated. For the sentiment on the outside, I used my Justrite stamps. Here is a close up of the invitation:

100_1958My husband thinks I went to the extra trouble of adjusting the ink on the stamp so the basket looked realistic. If he only knew it was extremely hard to get equal pressure on that stamp to cover the cardstock! If I never see a picnic basket in the next few weeks, it will be too soon.  I hope to return to my cards in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, stop by again soon!